There’s no doubt about it: abs are made in the kitchen.
To help you get the best looking abs in conjunction with eating healthy food here are 3 awesome ab-strengthening exercises you can do at home.
Seated Russian Twist
You can do this quick ab exercise in your living room.
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent, pull your abs to your spine.
- Lean slightly backwards while keeping your back straight.
- Hold your hand at your chest, and twist your torso to the right, then to the left to complete one rep.
- Continue twisting from side to side for 15 reps.
Tackle your lower abs with this fun variation of a crunch.
- Lie on your back on the floor. Place your hands on the floor beside you.
- Bring your knees in toward your chest with your feet together.
- Use your abs to slowly curl your hips off the floor and into your chest
- Slowly lower them back to the starting position to complete one.
- Try not to swing your legs to create momentum; use your abs to control your movement.
- Repeat for one minute 2-3 times.
Couldn’t make it to the gym? Grab your mat and work out your upper abdominals and side obliques.
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground.
- Put your hands behind your ears and bring in your knees toward your chest.
- Lift your shoulder blades off the ground and keep them lifted throughout.
- Straighten out your right leg to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow toward your left knee.
- Make sure your upper body is moving and not just your elbows.
- Perform the same motion on the other side to complete a pedalling motion.
- Perform 25 reps. One rep = two pedals.
Fitter Stronger You members perform these exercises during indoor small group sessions to strengthen the core and provide stability between the upper and lower body.
Check out the timetable for sessions and times at the HQ in Grange Farm, Milton Keynes.