I first made this on a cold September Saturday after coming back from a windy park session with one of my mini me’s.
I didn’t think much to the ingredients – I mean broccoli and chickpeas?
Not really an appetising combo like strawberries and cream but this recipe was doing the rounds on the Internet of Things with some rave reviews.
delicious warm loveliness, and the sharp broccoli taste was just not there at all.
The ingredients and method of cooking totally changed the broccoli into soft spicy mouthfuls of awesomeness which I’ve since tasted again and again due to the popularity of this recipe according to my own stomach.
I quite like this one 🙂
Broccoli and Chickpea Bowl
- tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tin of chickpeas, washed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ cup water mixed with ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make broccoli and chickpea bowl:
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large frying pan or skillet. Add the onion, and cook until softened (roughly 4 minutes), add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the broccoli and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, chili flakes and cumin water.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is tender but still retaining some bite.
- Season to taste.
- Serve into bowls and devour.