At the start of any weight loss or body transformation journey it is a good idea to take your body measurements and track your progress.
If it can be measured it can be improved.
At Fitter Stronger You on our transformation programs you will measure and track your waist, arms, hips, thighs and bodyweight and take progress pictures throughout your journey.
To make things easy for you here’s a handy graphic that shows what, where and how measure.
Where and How To Measure Your Body:
To take measurements for tracking you’ll need to adhere to a few protocols, namely:
- Purchase a tape measure and make sure you use the same tape measure for the entirety of your program.
- Take your measurements in the morning and not after your workout.
- Make sure you measure yourself in exactly the same places locations each week.
- Take the circumference measurement at each of the locations being measured.
Hopefully these protocols will make sense as to why they are important.
Next you’ll need to measure the circumference of each of the following:
- Biceps – Wrap the tape measure around the bicep halfway between the armpit and the elbow. Relax the arm down by your side in a natural state and record your measurement.
- Waist measure at the belly button to the front and the small of the back to the back.
- Hips – Capture the middle of the buttocks before wrapping the tape around. Be sure that the tape measure is also capturing the widest part of the hips.
- Thigh – measure as high as possible and choose the same place each week
All you need to do is measure once a week as you journey through one of our programs and you are good to go.
Its absolutely VITAL you take starting photos right away and then save them to your phone.
Photos will really help you SEE the results you are getting.
Below is an example of exactly how to take your photos.
Everybody is a little bit apprehensive of taking starting photos, but they feel truly AMAZING when they have a great transformation and have something to look back at.
You will be truly grateful you have taken them!
Things to consider:
- Good lighting
- Tight fitting clothes or bikini to assess results
- Full length body shot
- Side view
- Try not to ‘suck it in’ and instead stand in a natural posture
What Happens Next?
The next part of the on-boarding/induction process is to set your transformation goals.
- What is it you want to achieve exactly?
- Are there any specific numbers you want to set as a goal?
You really need to take time out to set SPECIFIC goals because you will put the chances of success so massively in your favour of achieving the health and fitness goals that you want to achieve.
So your next step is to follow our in-depth guide on setting your transformation goals.
To begin CLICK HERE.