Another epic veggie protein infused side dish to go with your main or spiralised courgettes (courgetti).
This make ahead recipe will save time and can be seasoned to your taste.
I like to add chilli flakes to a lot of my cooking and roast vegetables and chickpeas is no exception.
- 3 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 3 carrots cut into discs
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed and chopped into chunks
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
How To Make Roast Vegetables And Chickpeas
Heat the oven and place the coconut oil in a large roasting tin to melt.
Place all the vegetables into roasting tin and toss with the coriander seeds, salt and pepper.
Spread everything out to a single layer and roast for 45 minutes.
Toss the veggies once or twice and cook until they are roasted and brown round the edges.
Place the roasting tin on the hob on a low heat, then add the tomatoes and chickpeas.
Bring to a simmer and gently stir.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
Garnish with the coriander.