So you’re here because you want to find out more about Boxercise in Milton Keynes and whether or not real punches are thrown.
Yes they are but you’ll not get hit.
Have no fear.
Boxercise is designed to ensure all participants experience real boxing training regime without actually trying to knock someone out.
What Happens In A Boxercise Bootcamp Session?
We’ve made Boxercise an integral part of our morning and evening weight loss and strength training bootcamps.
Because our members love it and there’s nothing like donning a pairs of gloves and punching stuff to exercise away your frustrations.
Boxercise helps you to burn body fat from the increased stamina and muscular endurance you will develop whilst taking part in this fun and physical form of exercise.
You will also learn new skills such as hand-eye coordination, balance, timing and technique and follow the methods employed by boxers to get them into shape for the ring.
Suitable for both sexes, Boxercise at bootcamp is a great stress buster that’s fun and challenging.
A typical Boxercise bootcamp class can include:
- Warm Up: this is essential to every class and a chance for you to switch off for a bit and change the focus onto you – I will show you every warm-up move including modifications so that both experienced and seasoned exercisers get a chance to get ready for the main event
- Drills (Punches): there are a basic set of eight punches in total on the Boxercise program. That may not seem like a lot but each punch is quite technical and comes with it’s own set of drills. Punches need to be practised in order to prevent injury, refine good technique and build upper body strength and endurance – sting like a bee.
- Drills (Footwork): a boxerciser stands in a specific way in order to maximise balance and stability in the same way a professional boxer does – floating like a butterfly. When performing specific footwork drill you will develop lower body strength and endurance making boxercise a full body workout
- Circuits: this is where a class is split into smaller groups each of which have their own ‘stations’. Stations are simply specific areas where a small group of participants work on the same exercise(s) for up to 2 minutes typically resting for 30 seconds and then moving round to the next station. These are extremely fun and can include games and mini competitions.
- Aerobics: pacey motivating music is specifically chosen to assist with teaching you good technique and yes music will sometimes include songs like “Eye of the Tiger” and “We Will Rock You” as well as chart and house music.
- Beastings: probably the most fun of all types of exercises despite the name. Punches with pads and gloves are performed at speed in mini games to get your body moving and your heart pumping.
What Is The Benefit Of A Boxercise Bootcamp Class?
Boxercisers typically experience a ‘rush’ or ‘buzz’ like feeling of exhilaration after completing a class workout.
The thing is many of the drills are simply fun to do especially with like-minded non-gym people who like the social aspects of working out in a group rather than on their own.
Because Boxercise uses the same training principles as a professional boxer you are conditioning your body to cope with the demands of greater physical activity using proven methods that work.
Here’s a 30 second video of the types of drills you can look forward to:
Do I Need To Be Physically Fit To Do Boxercise?
So long as your doctor has not barred you from physical activity then it’s okay to join in the fun.
Just imagine punching your frustrations out as part of a fun and friendly bootcamp sessions – you’ll feel much better for it.
If you have not exercised for a while/have an injury/or are worried in any way get yourself checked out by your GP. He/she will be more than happy to see you exercising, having fun and making new friends.
In addition there are modifications/low impact options for exercises as well as ‘intensifiers’ if you’d like to push yourself just that little bit more.
What Should I Wear/Bring To Bootcamp?
Essential: trainers, water, sportswear, sports bra.
Optional: exercise mat, banana/protein bar/post workout drink, hoodie/jacket in the cold months of the year.
Not Sure If Boxercise Bootcamp Is For You?
Call/text on 07732 780 385 for more information