My allotment garden this year has not produced as much as I’d hoped.
I’m therefore collecting unused composting bins at a rate of knots to make decent compost for next season’s planting.
My neighbour’s allotment however has an abundance of veggies and in particular his patch of courgettes are amazing.
So much so that he gives them to me regularly which inspired me to cook this amazing courgetti and roasted tomatoes recipe.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp each of Peri Peri, mixed curry powder, garam masala and cumin powder (optional)
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas or butter beans, rinsed
- 1 small courgettes, spiralised (or peeled with a potato peeler)
- 1 small handful of grated vegan (or standard) cheese
- 1 small handful fresh basil
How to cook courgetti and roasted tomatoes
In a saucepan or dutch oven, add and mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper flakes, vegetable stock, and tomatoes.
Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes have burst.
Add and mix in the in the beans and spiralised courgettes and cook gently for 3 minutes.
Try not to overcook the courgetti to prevent them turning mushy.
Stir in the fresh basil and cheese.