This green smoothie protein shake is so soothing for the body that it has become my go-to shake.
It is packed full of goodness that you will feel the difference in your digestion and well-being.
But the most amazing thing about it is how long it takes to make – literally 2 minutes – and how little washing up there is afterwards!
These things are important when you’ve not got the time to prepare something good for you and you need something that will keep you full for hours.
- 1 tbsp avocado
- 1 handful of spinach
- Half a green apple, roughly chopped
- An inch and a half of cucumber, chopped
- Thumb nail sized fresh ginger, roughly chopped, skin on
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 2 scoops porridge oats (optional)*
- 250 – 300ml cold water or 8 small ice cubes for that really cold shake
How To Make Green Smoothie Protein Shake
Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blitz for 2 minutes.
Pour into a shaker bottle or glass.
Take to work or to bootcamp for a post workout pick me up.
I usually go beast mode and consume it immediately.
*If you’re not into protein powder and to keep you feeling full for longer add the porridge oats, this works well as a lunch option