If you don’t know already I work a full time job at a local Milton Keynes school for autistic children.
The vast majority of staff are women and class sizes are small with more than one adult in the classroom at any one time.
In the evenings it’s much the same with the school run, homework, cooking, allotmenting and prepping for a group exercise class – all whilst trying to grow my business.
Amidst all of life’s challenges there are things I simply will not compromise on:
- Exercise – I need to not only stay in shape but become fitter and stronger week by week
- Eating well – counting calories is a no-no for me but eating pizza won’t cut it, meals must be ‘clean’ 80% of the time
- Family time – homework, larking about, bread making, and having meaningful conversations with the people in my house is a must
- Business – marketing, looking after current clients, connecting with new clients and sharing everything I know about health and fitness are the foundational aspects of my business life
- Allotment garden – planting, weeding, plot design, composting, soil management there’s almost an endless list of things to enjoy doing at the plot
All of this takes massive amounts of time and there are likely more efficient ways for me to get everything done but for now it works.
These five categories feed off of each other and they give me purpose.
1. Time at the allotment reconnects me to the earth and flushes out the psychological toxins of modern life.
2. Eating well makes me feel happy and fuels my body for allotmenting, fitness and general health and well being.
3. Fitness keeps by body sharp and I’m able to keep up with my children and have a clear head for creating content and working on my business.
4. Family time makes me feel like a human being by simply being around the people who matter in my life.
5. Building a business is the sport of kings and queens especially when you are already a parent. It’s the quest for freedom in a society that shackles people whilst telling them they are free.
My two secrets to fitting it all in whilst building a business
But the real secret to being able to do all these things is fitness and nutrition; regular exercise and eating clean most of the time.
Ever since I started getting more serious about my own fitness and what I eat my energy levels have increased in a big way.
I’m able to produce more and the quality of what I produce is better.
I’m more alert specially in the mornings which leads me on to secret number two.
I get up early to make time for my more creative tasks.
These are things such as social media posts, blog posts and group fitness session planning.
The alarm goes off at just before 5am and is the most creative part of my day.
It took me about 7-8 days to really get into the habit of getting up early I order to create.
I would not have the discipline or energy to get up early without regular exercise and food nutritional habits such as not drinking caffeine.
A decent night’s sleep is essential to being an early riser and over coming insomnia went along way to help me with dozing off.
Once you start getting fitter and stronger with the help of a coach other areas of your life start to become more enjoyable as you gain the energy to enjoy doing the things you like to do.
Whether you want to work out at home or in a group fitness class in a private studio, I’ll help you to make fitness and nutrition habit changes a straightforward process
Start today by getting in touch for a completely free no pressure consultation for a fitter stronger you.