A lot of my vegetarian recipes use beans and are suitable for meal prepping if you make them in bulk and freeze any that are left over from your meal.
Simply doubling the ingredients will make quite a sizeable batch for your freezer and will keep you on top of cooking for your weight loss goals.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped not minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 125g lentils
- 650ml low-salt, organic vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook lentil and kidney bean casserole
Place the olive oil in a dutch oven or large saucepan and gently heat adding the onion and garlic.
Cook for five minutes until the onions have softened.
Add the vegetable stock, lentils and carrots bringing it to the boil and simmering for 5 minutes.
Add the beans, basil and tinned tomatoes and mix in well.
Cook on a low heat for a another 5 minutes or until then beans have become soft.